Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Shabby Chic Mantel

Once the Halloween decorations came down I decided a little redecorating was needed. I have had alot of fun playing with the mantel decor. And the best part is that it didn't cost a dime. I simply looked around and found new uses for found objects that I already owned.



First up, the wall above the mantel needed something new. I decided to hang a pretty picture that was a wedding gift from my mom. I also hung two little pictures that I had picked up at the flea market some time ago.





I also added two oil lamps to either side of the mantel. My mother-in-law has quite a collection of these. I picked out some of my favorites. I like the shapes and colors. Aren't they pretty?





On one side I added a pretty pitcher with wedding bouquet in it. My sister made the bouquet for me. She asked me to watch my nephew because she had to work late. It turned out she was making me the prettiest wedding bouquet.



On the other side I added a pretty little sugar bowl, which I am using as a candle holder.



Finally, in the center is the painting made for us by a dear friend.



All in all it makes for a very pretty, very shabby chic mantel.

No comments:

Post a Comment