Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas

I've been working on Christmas decorations all week!  I am finally ready to share all of the goodies that are bringing me so much cheer.  I didn't want to do too much with the mantel.  I loved the way it looked already so, I added a bit of Christmas with bottle trees, snow globes and our stockings.


I also made a wreath, a banner and some embroidery hoop wall art.  I love the way they turned out!




Three years ago I spotted these little elves at Michael's and fell in love.  I purchase a new one each year to add to my collection.  Aren't they adorable?  I just love their smiles.


Each year when I was little my grandmother filled a Christmas stocking for me.  I hung it this morning with a smile.


My snowmen are sitting atop one bookshelf and pretty red birds atop another.



I decided to add a tiny tree and a few shabby chic decorations in my little reading nook.  It is now my favorite spot in the house.






And finally for my favorite part of Christmas decorating. . . . the tree!!!!!


Yes, that is a skeleton.  He's name is Wally and he came to live with us in October.  We haven't exactly decided on the best way to store him, so we just decided to make him part of the decor.  He's quite handsome don't you think?  Christmas is my favorite time of' the year and I just love decorating.  I've had more fun this year and I hope you have too.

1 comment: