Sunday, January 29, 2012

Flower Power

Back in December my sister gave me a beautiful, white pitcher.  Immediately I thought, "This will be beautiful on my dining table full of hydrangeas."  I then decided not to find a professional but instead to learn floral arranging and then make my very own centerpiece.  So off I went in search of books on floral arranging.  I've been reading and studying and collecting flowers for several weeks and finally decided it was time to give it go.  Here are my first ever floral arrangements including the centerpiece.




These are all artificial flowers.  I thought that that might be the easiest place to start.  It was really fun and not all that difficult. In researching I've even discovered some favorite flowers like lillies of the valley and hydrangeas.  I also really liked the petunias and poppies. Do you have lots of flowers in your home?  What are your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous arrangements... you're really good at this!

    ReplyDelete