Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Decorating Vision

We've been talking about doing some redecorating around the homeplace and I've been looking through magazines and pinterest.  It is so much fun just to look and dream and play.  I decided to go to Olioboard and let my imagination run wild.  If you haven't visited Olioboard yet, I strongly encourage you to do so.  It is such a fun place.  One can use the furniture already listed or find your own around the web and create a moodboard for any room.  I can spend hours just playing around.  Nothing is more fun than dreaming without limits.  In this lovely world, I can have any piece of furniture, light fixture, wall paper, or art I desire.  Price, feasibility, and reality make no difference.  Here are the two rooms I've created the last couple of weeks.


What do you think?  What would your dream rooms look like?

The living/dining room is the room we are planning to redecorate a bit.  We have picked out a lovely shade of taupe called Barefoot Beach.  It won't be too dark or too light.  We have three windows in the living room which let in alot of natural light which I love. I want to keep the room light and airy. Also by going with a taupe shade we can have more freedom with other decor like art, curtains, and furniture.  If we ever want to change anything, we won't have to worry about clashing with the wall color.   We are also looking at new curtains and perhaps a chandelier over the dining table.  Farther in the furture we want to put down a new floor. I would love, love, love to have a hardwood floor.  New furniture isn't in the plan at present but perhaps someday we'll find the perfect grey sofa and purple chairs.

1 comment:

  1. the bottom room looks like something I would pick out. I like the white and dashes of color look.

    ReplyDelete