Thursday, April 12, 2012

FFA Challenge #2

A few weeks ago I came across a post on one of my favorite blogs, Vintage Revivals, about style and decor.  Mandi, the talented author of the blog, told a story about seeing an entire living room for sale.  This included pictures, flowers, etc.  She was suprised and couldn't image having a room in her house that looked exactly liked a room in some one else's home.  Frankly, neither can I.  My mom was always wonderful enough to allow my sister and me to make our bedrooms our own and that has carried over into my home as well.  I remember a friend once commenting how my room was me because it was full of all the things I loved and was interested in at the time.  It was a reflection of me.  It was and is one of the best compliments I ever received.  Anyway, Mandi suggested a group or club full of people from all over who believe likewise and who love decorating their home/interior design.  This club is called Fearlessly Finding Awesome or FFA for short.  You can read more about the club here.  From time to time there are challenges to participate in and hopefully have fun.  Obviously, I am slow with Challenge #1.  I simply haven't had time lately to sit and write out my thoughts.  Challenge #2 is a little easier and certainly fun.  Homegoods has a design style quiz on their website.  It asks a few questions and then defines your style and even offers tips and suggestions.  I love doing these sorts of things.  They are always fun.  I am. . . . .


Bohemian Eclectic.

"You have wide-ranging interests and influences and so appreciate a mix of styles, cultures, periods, and objects. You would never use a matching suite of furniture or want a home that seemed cookie-cutter. You have an artist's eye that enables you to mix the old or the unusual with the new and modern. When traveling, you seek out unique objects that reflect what you love, and you use them in a sophisticated way. Your home is visually intriguing and comfortable, with a delightful mix of cozy chairs, ethnic fabrics, elegant pieces, hand-made items, even a little touch of quirk or humor, all of which gives your place a laid-back, Bohemian feel."

"You value comfort. Your home is a warm and open friendly place, and you feel happiest when everyone is cared for and relaxed in your space. Elements like pillows, throws, overstuffed furniture, and good lighting set the mood. You may also enjoy layering different fabrics or mixing patterns to create a cozy effect."

I think this fits me pretty well.  I like my home to be warm and cozy.  I also like lots of color and appreciate the handmade as well as vintage.  I like things that have a story to tell.  And I don't have a problem with mixing old and new as long it's something I like and it speaks to me.  This was quite fun and I am glad Mandi found it and shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment