Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Sand Pail List

In this month's issue of Better Homes & Garden magazine I came across the idea of a Sand Pail List.  This is a list of things one wants to do or accomplish during the summer.  I loved the idea so much that I decided to write my own Sand Pail List.

Source unknown

So without further ado here is Melissa's Summer Sand Pail List.

1.  Trip to Jefferson to celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary.  My husband and I will celebrate ten years of wedded bliss this summer and we have planned a little trip to a nearby town which is know for its antiques/flea markets.  We will be staying in a Bed&Breakfast in their Tenneyson Room.  We are both looking forward to our little trip.

2.  Learn to Paint.  I have done a few little projects this year involving paint and they have been so much fun.  I want to do more painting, but I have no knowledge or experience.  I have decided that I can either muse about how much fun painting would be or I can learn to paint!  To this end I have purchase "Acrylic Painting for Dummies," some supplies, and I have even found a mentor.  This is one undertaking that I am super excited about.

3.  Water Gun Fight.  The BH&G magazine mentioned a water gun fight.  It sounded like such fun especially when I include my nieces and nephews and homemade ice cream!

4.  Eat More Homemade Ice Cream!  We bought a homemade ice cream maker a couple of years ago and I don't think we pulled it out once last year.  This year I fully intend to remedy that situation.  I want to use it throughout the summer and eat more homemade ice cream.

5.  Play Outside More.  I don't spend enough time enjoying Mother Nature.  I want to get outside more often.  Perhaps set up the bad minton net or learn to play Bocce.


There you have it folks!  My Sand Pail List as of today.  I thought about adding my Summer Reading List, but I haven't quite got that nailed down yet.  I decided to save that for another post altogether.  I'd love to hear what you have planned for the summer.  What is on your Sand Pail List?

No comments:

Post a Comment