Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review: The House at Riverton


The House at Riverton
The House at Riverton by Kate Morton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is a story of a family in a time when the world is changing. The aristocracy is losing power to a growing middle class and the flappers of the Roaring 20s are stretching their wings eager to fly. This was a wonderful book about change, adapting, truth, secrets, and finding one's way. I was drawn into the story right from the start. I was soon drawn into the characters and their world. I found myself caring about the characters, liking some and disliking others. I was fascinated by the world they lived in and the changes taking place as result of World War I. I was equally fascinated by their decisions and the reasons behind them. A powerful story told beautifully always gets 5 stars. I highly recommend this book and cannot wait to read more by Kate Morton.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment